PolySlide® composite cylinders offer drop-in replacement in these and other applications:
- Pneumatic actuators for valves
- Respirators for medical applications
- Hydraulic actuators for aircraft
- Pressure pumps for spray applications
- Dump mechanisms for railroad cars
- Waste water treatment flow control mechanisms
- Pneumatic/fluid shock absorption or energy diversion
PolySlide® works as a replacement for aluminum, steel and brass cylinder tubing in pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Conventional end seals and closures can be used. Steps and shoulders may be machined if required. Bearing stress must be no greater than 25,000 PSI.
- Non-metallic seals on the piston must be used.
- Compression of approximately 0.006 inches per each inch of cylinder length should be used when and where the maximum pressure is required.
Any ratings are typical for design purposes. Your design parameters may affect final ratings. Consult with a Polygon sales engineer for guidance. Final testing and approval is the customer's responsibility for their application. This information is derived from our testing and published data. There is no assurance of these properties, or warranty provided that these products are suitable for any particular purpose or operational situation.
Polygon certifies that their product will be free from material defect. Polygon will not accept any liability for loss, damages, or costs from use or misuse of our products.
Specifications are subject to change, and may be affected by our continual process of improvement. Changes may be made without prior announcement.