History of Innovation
Founded in 1949 by a chemist working on advanced composite materials during World War II at the U.S. Wright-Patterson Air Force base, Polygon Company has grown into an engineered materials company with global distribution and sales offices around the world. We have been transforming composites into finely machined components for over 65 years. We have two facilities in North America ready to take your composite application from design through machining including painting, packaging and assembly.
Serving Fortune 500 Companies
- Tyco-US Surgical
- Guidant Medical, part of Boston Scientific
- Westinghouse Electric
- General Electric
Past Project Sampling
- Automotive applications: Composite wiper arms, drive shafts, car antennas, suspension systems and race car engine connecting links.
- Aerospace and military: Propulsion cans, projectiles, stealth fuel systems.
- Medical components: Multi-lumen cannula, brain tumor probe, fracture management fixators.
- Recreational: Braided baseball bats.
- Office equipment: Composite electrical conductors and path ways.
- Self-Lubricated Composites: Fiber architectures incorporating surface lubrication.
As a pioneer in the composites industry we had to literally discover and create our own analytical data to provide a base line from which to work. This creative energy has led to the development of what we call our Idea Center. Today our Idea Center not only does in house development, but also contract development work for outside entities interested in carrying forward their own composite projects or products. The depth of knowledge that exists within Polygon when it comes to precision OEM composite applications is unparalleled anywhere in the world. We understand advanced composites but more importantly know how to put engineering to work to create practical application value.