Polygon Company – Innovation Beyond Metals
PolyMed® Rigid Medical Tubing - Composites for medical applications.
PolyLube® Bearings and Bushings - Self-lubricating composite bearings and bushings.
PolySlide® Pneumatic and Hydraulic Cylinders - Composites for fluid power applications.
Polygon Tube® Dielectric Tubing - Composites for electrical insulation applications.
Who is Polygon?
Always the pioneer, Polygon invented the composite bearing, non-gelcoat composite pneumatic cylinders, composite laparoscopic surgical tubing, and remains one of the foremost suppliers of dielectric motor insulation worldwide.
By combining the power of a strong engineering staff with capable and timely manufacturing, Polygon's vertical integration assures quality products which are practical to produce.
Founded in 1949 by a chemist working on advanced composite materials during World War II at Wright-Patterson Air Force base, Polygon Company has grown into an engineered materials company with manufacturing facilities and distributors worldwide. Polygon’s original and ongoing patents stand as a hallmark in the development of fiber reinforced epoxy resin composite technology.
Corporate research and development activities, including an in-house test laboratory, are located in the company’s corporate offices and primary manufacturing location in Walkerton, Indiana (approximately 90 miles east of Chicago, Illinois).
- Focused on replacing metal parts with composite materials since 1949.
- Credited as the first commercial pultruder in the United States (Handbook of Composite Materials, Raymond Myers).
- Originally a consumer products company, Polygon innovated in the fields of boat hulls, fishing rods, baseball bats and compound bows for archery, and more.
- Pioneers in the fields of composite bearings, carbon fiber golf club shafts, and composite surgical tubing.
- Satisfying the demands of numerous Fortune 500 companies, especially in construction equipment, oil drilling, laparoscopic surgical tubing, and agriculture equipment.
- Vertically integrated- Strategically focused between theory and reality. Providing strong engineering with a focus on practicality in manufacturing.
- Worldwide manufacturing plants and distribution partners.